We are currently OPEN!
In order to follow state guidelines and keep everyone as safe as possible, we are making some changes to the program:
– First, the question on everyone’s mind: MASKS. Teachers will wear face masks indoors and outdoors when within 6 feet of another person. Children will be required to wear a mask when going inside to use the restroom. Parents may choose if they would like their children to wear masks outside.
– We will be outside as much as possible – entering the building will be reserved for bathroom trips and emergencies only.
– On days that the weather will not permit us to be outside safely, school will be cancelled. You will not pay for days we are closed. You will need to have childcare arrangements in place in case of last minute cancellations.
– We will be hosting two groups of students each day, from 9-11am and 12-2pm. We will clean and sanitize between groups and after school each day.
– We will be keeping children in consistent groups so that they only come into contact with the children in their cohort.
– We will be offering our afternoon session for 4-8 year olds to respond to a need for quality outside socialization for our early elementary children who may now be distance learning or homeschooling. It will be a mix of academic and play activities, all provided in a nature setting.
– Drop off and pickup will both be car-side this year as parents and visitors will not be allowed into the school. Contact us to take a tour of the school if you haven’t gotten to see us in action yet!
– Children will need to come to school dressed to be outside. We want to minimize the number of rainsuits, boots and hats the teacher put on in order to maintain social distance. That said, if your child needs the bathroom, gets hurt or just needs a snuggle, we are not going to let a pandemic get in the way of offering loving care!
– We will be conducting health checks on children each morning and excluding anyone who has over an 100.4 degree temp or shows signs of illness for any reason.
– Families who have been exposed to COVID-19 are expected to let us know and self-isolate for 14 days. Families that do not comply can be terminated from the program without refund. This will only work if we are all honest with each other! If a child or staff member contracts COVID-19 the school family will be notified following CDC guidelines.
Please bear with us as we figure this out, it has been challenging to get to this point and the situation is ever-changing.