We are THRILLED and RELIEVED to tell you that we WILL be open this Fall!
In order to follow state guidelines and keep everyone as safe as possible, we are making some changes to the program:
– First, the question on everyone’s mind: CHILDREN WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS. Teachers will wear face shields inside or when working closely with students (zipping coats, diapering, etc). We feel that masks in an early childhood setting are not developmentally appropriate.
– We will be outside as much as possible – entering the building will be reserved for bathroom trips and emergencies only.
– On days that the weather will not permit us to be outside safely, school will be cancelled. You will not pay for days we are closed. You will need to have childcare arrangements in place in case of last minute cancellations.
– We will be hosting two groups of students each day, from 9-11am and 12-2pm. We will clean and sanitize between groups and after school each day.
– We will be keeping children in consistent groups so that they only come into contact with the children in their cohort.
– We will be offering our afternoon session for 4-8 year olds to respond to a need for unmasked, quality outside education for our early elementary children who may now be homeschooling or requiring more than they are getting at the public schools during the time of covid. It will be a mix of academic and play activities, all provided in a nature setting. TLGS is not a licensed elementary school.
– Drop off and pickup will both be car-side this year as parents and visitors will not be allowed into the school. Contact us to take a tour of the school if you haven’t gotten to see us in action yet!
– Children will need to come to school dressed to be outside. We want to minimize the number of rainsuits, boots and hats the teacher put on in order to maintain social distance. That said, if your child needs the bathroom, gets hurt or just needs a snuggle, we are not going to let a pandemic get in the way of offering loving care!
– We will be conducting health checks on children each morning and excluding anyone who has over an 100.4 degree temp or shows signs of illness for any reason.
– Families who have been exposed to COVID-19 are expected to let us know and self-isolate for 14 days. Families that do not comply can be terminated from the program without refund. This will only work if we are all honest with each other! If a child or staff member contracts COVID-19 the school family will be notified following CDC guidelines.
Please bear with us as we figure this out, it has been challenging to get to this point and the situation is ever-changing!